Kierkegaard: Acts of philosophy - the Second Ereignis ConferenceDownload the Conference Programme as PDF.
How can we enlist the literary image to move readers to act in the world, and how may a philosophical life serve as a theatre in which ideas are enacted? These are key questions for our second Ereignis conference, to be held on-site in Gdynia, Poland, and online on Saturday, June 11, and online-only on June 12, 2022.
Hosted by Ereignis Center for Philosophy and the Arts, and headlined by internationally acclaimed speakers on literary and political philosophy, this conference seeks to show a wide array of philosophical, literary, and social junctures where Kierkegaard’s philosophy meet with contemporary concerns.
The conference will be held on-site, at Hotel Antares in Gdynia, Poland, and on-line, on the Zoom videoconferencing platform, on June 11 and 12, 2022. Registration will be required through eventbrite.co.uk/.
- Dr. Kresten Lundsgaard-Leth, International People’s College, Denmark: “For the Love of God? On Hägglund’s misunderstanding of Fear and Trembling” Abstract;
- Prof. (Emeritus) Christopher Norris, University of Cardiff, Wales: “Neither/Nor: Kierkegaard Between Philosophy and Literature” Abstract;
- Prof. Gisle Selnes, University of Bergen, Norway: “Job’s Modernity; or Ereignis & Repetition: a Lacanian re-view, with discontinual reference to the Assange case” Abstract;
- Prof. Dr. Jørgen Veisland, University of Gdańsk, Poland: “What’s in a name. A Kierkegaardian approach to Herman Melville’s Billy Budd, Albert Camus’ The Myth of Sisyphus and Paul Auster’s City of Glass” Abstract.
Papers are timed to 20 minutes and followed by a Q&A with the audience. Each session is moderated. See the conference programme for details.
- General attendance: €80 (standard fee);
- Reduced fee: €40 (students and the unwaged).
This event is hosted by Inscriptions — a journal for contemporary thinking on art, philosophy and psycho-analysis, and Ereignis Center for Philosophy and the Arts.
- Prof James Bahoh, University of Memphis;
- Dr Mehdi Parsa, Ereignis Center for Philosophy and the Arts;
- Dr Simon Smith, British Personalist Forum;
- Dr Torgeir Fjeld, Ereignis Center for Philosophy and the Arts.
The 2022 Ereignis Conference is generously sponsored by Adrianex.