General guide for authors
Please enter your submission through our editorial and publishing system. We accept Word, Open Office, and a range of other file formats.
1. Register as an author
- Click the Make a submission button on the front page.
- After registering you receive an e-mail with a link to verify your account. Click the link to verify your e-mail address. This enables you to login to our on-line platform.
- Log in to your account and select Make a new submission.
We encourage authors to submit a 150 word proposal for an indicative recommendation from the issue editor/editor-in-chief prior to submitting a full manuscript. You will find a separate guide for submitting proposals by clicking the Help for authors button on the front page.
2. Start your submission
- Select the section to which you are submitting from the drop-box.
- Read through and acknowledge that you have completed the submission requirements.
- Enter a message to the editors (for proposals it is advised to write, e.g., “Proposal”).
- Indicate that you accept our copyright and privacy policies.
- Click the Save and continue button.
3. Upload your file
- In the article component field, choose between Proposal or Full manuscript. If you are submitting a proposal for an academic manuscript, please refer to our separate guide on this topic. If you are submitting a full manuscript after having first submitted a proposal, see our guide on submitting full manuscript upon proposal.
- Click the Continue button, review file details, and click Continue one more time.
- You can now confirm you upload by clicking the Complete button.
- When you are returned to the Submit an article screen, click the Save and continue button.
4. Enter metadata
- On this screen you need to fill in the title of your submission. Additionally, you can enter a subtitle, an abstract, keywords and supporting agencies. Please also check that all authors are correctly entered at this stage.
- Click Save and continue.
5. Finish submission
On this screen you are asked to review the information and files you have submitted. When you are confident that all the information is correct you can click the Finish submission button. Confirm that you want to submit with us by clicking OK in the pop-up window.
You will now receive a submission acknowledgment by e-mail. You can follow your article through our platform by logging in with your user-name and password at any time.
Thank you for considering Inscriptions as a venue for your work!