- University of Gdańsk (2013-2016): Visiting Lecturer in Scandinavian Studies;
- Roehampton University (2004): Visiting Lecturer in Sports Studies;
- University of kwaZulu/Natal (1998-2001): Adjunct Lecturer in English and Cultural Studies;
- University of Minnesota (1995-1997): Adjunct Teacher in Scandinavian Studies;
- Various public schools in and around Oslo (2002-2012): Teacher, languages and social science;
- Dagbladet, daily newspaper (1993-2000): Journalist, News and Entertainment.
- PhD (Media Philosophy): European Graduate School, 2017;
- PhD (Cultural Theory): University of Roehampton, 2012;
Dissertation: “Signifying the Body: sport, nation and the cultural analysis of P. Bourdieu,” directed and supervised by Prof. Stephen Wagg. Free download from Roehampton University’s repository. Also available in expanded edition on Amazon.com.
- MA (Scandinavian Studies and English): University of Minnesota, 1997;
- Cand.mag. (BA): University of Oslo and Tromsø, 1994;
- PPU (Practical Pedagogical Education): University of Oslo, 2011.
- British Philosophy of Sport Association;
- International Society for Research on Solitude;
- Association for Cultural Studies;
- Society for the Advancement of Scandinavian Studies (SASS).
- Inscriptions, a peer-reviewed journal for contemporary thought on philosophy, psycho-analysis, and the arts, Editor-in-Chief (2018 to present);
- Event and Becoming, the inaugural Ereignis conference (online), conference organiser (2021).