- Head, Ereignis Center for Philosophy and the Arts;
- PhDs in Philosophy (EGS) and Cultural Theory (Roehampton);
- Author of rock philosophy and dressage and illusio;
- Editor of Inscriptions.
Here is a video taped talk on Nobel Laureate Knut Hamsun’s On Overgrown Path and his relation to psychoanalysis. After the war Hamsun was accused of treason and subjected to involuntary psychiatric examination. The humiliation he experienced has led some scholars to argue that Hamsun was mistreated at the hands of his fellow Norwegians. This …
rock philosophy: meditations on art and desire is now in paperback with 30% discount. Order before June 8, 2019, with coupon code VEPNFTCEA30 from https://vernonpress.com/book/770 See also this link:.https://www.tankebanen.no/wordpress/2018/08/07/233/
Another graduate from the Lit Hum programme at Oxford, J.L. Mackie turned celebrity philosopher on his claim that there can be no objective foundation to moral values: Meticulous, courteous, industrious, with a degree of devotion to duty striking in one who held that moral values lack any objective foundation, [J.L. Mackie] was universally admired as …
Life’s ugliness must be torn to pieces
Until beauty — totality can grow from its soil.
Thus we are two, my poem and I: a claw,
The two of us, one will.
From Elmer Diktonius, “Jaguaren” (in Hårda Sånger, 1922)
- The Munch Museum in Oslo;
- Arts & Letters Daily, a portal to current writing on art and philosophy run by The Chronicle of Higher Education, founded by Dennis Dutton;
- Film philosophy (entry in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy);
- Minerva (in Norwegian);
- Philosophy Now;
- The YouTube channel of Ereignis Center for Philosophy and the Arts;
- The Point Magazine;
- Bernt Olufsen’s blog I Media (in Norwegian).