- Head, Ereignis Center for Philosophy and the Arts;
- PhDs in Philosophy (EGS) and Cultural Theory (Roehampton);
- Author of rock philosophy and dressage and illusio;
- Editor of Inscriptions.
rock philosophy: meditations on art and desire is now in paperback with 30% discount. Order before June 8, 2019, with coupon code VEPNFTCEA30 from https://vernonpress.com/book/770 See also this link:.https://www.tankebanen.no/wordpress/2018/08/07/233/
Another graduate from the Lit Hum programme at Oxford, J.L. Mackie turned celebrity philosopher on his claim that there can be no objective foundation to moral values: Meticulous, courteous, industrious, with a degree of devotion to duty striking in one who held that moral values lack any objective foundation, [J.L. Mackie] was universally admired as …
Inscriptions is out with Vol 2 No 1 (2019) on “The global unconscious: art, technology, science.” Featuring articles in the traditions of Sigmund Freud and Carl Gustav Jung, this issue interrogates approaches to the term unconscious in contexts such as petroleum-driven culture, the 9/11 memorial in New York, the relation between art and society on …
Life’s ugliness must be torn to pieces
Until beauty — totality can grow from its soil.
Thus we are two, my poem and I: a claw,
The two of us, one will.
From Elmer Diktonius, “Jaguaren” (in Hårda Sånger, 1922)
- The Munch Museum in Oslo;
- Arts & Letters Daily, a portal to current writing on art and philosophy run by The Chronicle of Higher Education, founded by Dennis Dutton;
- Film philosophy (entry in the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy);
- Minerva (in Norwegian);
- Philosophy Now;
- The YouTube channel of Ereignis Center for Philosophy and the Arts;
- The Point Magazine;
- Bernt Olufsen’s blog I Media (in Norwegian).